This is a super quick and easy recipe if you’re in a time crunch. I arrived home late from work tonight and didn’t feel like taking the time to chop and dice and mix and measure. I will be the first to admit, this is not the healthiest meal as the gnocchi is basically an empty starch; however, the vitamins and iron in the kale helps the dish out! I love pesto, it gives this dish a nice kick and adds some more color to the otherwise colorless gnocchi. Enjoy!
- 1 package of potato gnocchi (there are many different kinds, this is just what I had on hand)
- 2 cups of kale, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of pesto (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
- Add the gnocchi to a pot of boiling water and cook according to directions.
- Sauté the garlic in a large pan with the olive oil. Once fragrant, add the cooking gnocchi and turn up the heat! Saute the gnocchi until you get a nice golden crust on it, about 7-8 minutes.
- Once golden brown, turn down the heat and add the pesto and kale. Cook until the kale is wilted, but not too soft – you still want some texture to it. Serve!